I once had a conversation with a young lady that did not have a lot of money. The purpose of that was to encourage her to work and make money. Somehow we got off track and started discussing that there are activities that are fun and free. She said, “Oh really? Name ten things you can do without money, Mom.” Surprisingly, I was able to rattle them off.
Here is the list:
1. Go the library, get a book and read it.
2. Take the dog for a walk.
3. Rake the yard.
4. Volunteer your time to someone who really could use your help.
5. Play a game of chess, Monopoly or cards.
6. Go to the park.
7. Rearrange your junk drawer.
8. Call your mother.
9. Sit for a spell in your yard or outside.
10. Do push-ups or pull ups.
Once I rattled of this list, I thought there really must be thousands of free things to do. Many times people are so busy with obligations they forget about slowing down and being FREE.